Monday, July 4, 2011

So I’m blogging about fun

Okay, so I’ve been tossing around ideas and thinking about writing a blog for awhile now, and this is the one I keep coming back to. No, it’s not a blog about my work. It’s a blog about my life. Yeah, I really like my job and am thankful that I have an exciting and challenging career, but I want to write about why I really work…so I can make money to live.  
Bitten by the travel bug at a young age, it’s hard for me to not have some trip or adventure planned. I’m fortunate that I have a nice amount of paid time out of office, so I’m always thinking about what to do and where to go next. And it helps to have something to look forward to, you know, to get you through the day. Let’s be real: Our jobs are called work, and not play, for a reason.
Now, of course, the realities of life get in the way here and there, so there’s not always a “big” trip planned. And with this economy, we’ve all learned that “staycations” can be nice, too, since time at home is at a premium for most working women.
With three grown children, you’d think I’d have more time to myself now that I’m not volunteering, carpooling, and running to music lessons and school or sporting events, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  I’m always busy, but I’ll admit it’s a new time in my life and the activities are different.  Yes, I’m still running with and for the kids some part of the time, but now it’s for wedding plans, visits to whatever state or part of the world they happen to call their temporary home, or shopping for meals cooked with love during their visits to our family home. How’s a girl to find time for herself? It’s no easy feat, but I do.
Now mind you, this won’t be a blog where I’ll complain about how busy I am or how tough life is. Yes, no one’s life is perfect, certainly not mine. But I’m a true believer that life’s all what you make of it. Always look on the bright side, glass half full type of girl. Take the bad with the good, and deal with it. No moaning. No whining. Well, sometimes in private. But I won’t burden you all with that….
So my plan is to write about fun and adventure, whether it’s an idea for a fantastic trip near or far, a menu for a great meal, a day trip with old or new friends, or snowshoeing in my own backyard. Let’s see how long I can sustain a blog about all my shenanigans and if I make the time for the fun it will be for me to share with you.
Until next time, yours in fun…Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment